Friday, March 23, 2012

3 weeks into the journey

Hello everyone,
I've gone 3 weeks into my journey and I have learned a lot.  Each day is starting to feel the same as we teach and learn.  My language grows little everyday, while my spiritual progress has skyrocketed.  I draw closer and closer to my Heavenly Father everyday and my testimony grows so much.  The second day here we taught an "investigator" in Spanish!  I hardly said anything, but now when I teach I can usually get my point across. My companion is a high school jock.  He is also from Utah and we get along great, we learn together and teach together. I would have to say one thing I struggle with is waking up, everyday at 6:30! but I am getting used to it.  I have learned that everything I need will come in time and I just have to be diligent.  I also have learned that learning Spanish has affected my spelling in English. I am finding that the language is a very personal language and I like it more then English! Lots happens everyday, I'm not sure what to write, but I know who reads this cares for me and know I feel your prayers helping me along with the spirit. Thanks you all and I'll make sure not to wait 3 weeks before my next blog entry.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE reading your blog, just like Bryce's. As an old language teacher I can say you're learning the best way. Total emersion--or at least almost total. I can feel your growth in every way through your writing. Grandpa and I pray for you every day. Yo habla espangol pokito (but I can't spell it either!)

    ReplyDelete